Jetstream2 Allocation Supplements¶
XSEDE to ACCESS transition
Please note that as XSEDE concludes operation and transitions to ACCESS, all of the allocations documentation will need to be updated. We will get it updated to reflect ACCESS as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
If your allocation has been depleted or you need to add SUs or storage for a Jetstream2 resource to your existing allocation, you may request a supplement.
Detailed information about the supplement request process is available from the XSEDE Manage Allocations page.
Supplements and User Access
It’s important to note that when you get a supplement for a resource that you have not previously had, users on your allocation are not automatically enabled for it. To enable users for a new resource like Jetstream2, you may need to go to your Allocations/Usage page and select the “Manage Users” button for the appropriate project.
Supplements vs Extensions
Supplements only add SUs/storage. If you need more time on your allocation, you need to pursue a renewal or extension.
Instructions for requesting a supplements¶
- Login to portal.xsede.org
- Go to the Submit / Review Requests page
- (You can also mouse over the “Allocations tab” and then select “Submit/Review Request”)
- Find your allocation. Under the Action menu for your allocation, select “Supplement”
- Note: If your allocation is going to expire in 30 days or less, you will not see the Supplement option. You should see the Extension option, though. Choose a 3 month extension and once it’s approved, the supplement button should appear.
- Choose “Start Supplement”
- Select the appropriate Jetstream2 resources(s) from the list.
- Once you have selected the resources you need, you’ll need to fill in the values of your request. The SU request has the same options as when you got your allocation. You’ll fill in the SUs needed, the number VMs and IPs you expect to use (for forecasting purposes), and any comments.
- For storage requests, you’ll fill in the value in gigabytes - e.g. 1000gb = 1TB.
- For the number of SUs you’ll need. The Virtual Machine Sizes and Configurations page can help you estimage VM sizes needed and SUs that will consume.
- For more information about the resources, please see the Jetstream2 Resources page
- You will have to include a PDF “Progress Report” – basically a paragraph or two on the need for the storage or SU request.
- We do like to see any publications that have been published or submitted during your allocation period as part of this report.
- Any other milestones or achievements would also be welcomed in the progress report along with user or job counts if it’s a science gateway resource.
- After you have added that, you may submit the request.
Requests are typically reviewed within 1 to 2 business days. You’ll receive notification from XSEDE Allocations on the status of your request once it has been reviewed by all service providers on the request.